What's New

  • 30 Apr

    Macsween 100% Landfill Free

    Posted by Team Macsween

    zero waste blog

    We are thrilled to announce that Macsween is now 100% landfill free! By finding solutions to recycle all of our waste we have become one of the first food companies in Scotland to achieve this milestone.

    Between 2005 and 2010 we worked very hard to increase solid waste recycling to 90%, but for the last few  years we have been exploring ways to recycle the remaining 10%.

    The solution lay in a partnership with the William Tracey Group, one of the UK’s leading recycling companies, who have championed the process of creating Refuse Derived Fuel. A sustainable energy which is produced by shredding and dehydrating waste that would have otherwise been sent to landfill.

    As you have probably heard us say before, environmental sustainability is very important to us, and we are committed to reducing our environmental impact therefore becoming a zero waste company is a great achievement for us. Sustainability is a core part of our commitment to quality, innovation and long term growth.