Using pioneering technologies to convert waste into sustainable energy, in early 2013 we achieved our goal of recycling 100% of our waste, becoming among the first in Scotland to achieve this milestone. Having increased solid waste recycling to 90% between 2005 and 2010 we have been exploring ways to recycle the remaining 10%. The solution lay in a partnership with the William Tracey Group, who have championed the process of creating Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF).
Since 1953, when Charles Macsween opened his butchers shop in Edinburgh, two succeeding generations have moved the business from retailing high quality meat products into an internationally recognised manufacturer of haggis and black pudding. As the third generation of the Macsween family to run the firm, my sister, Jo and I are proud of the tradition, commitment to excellence and innovation demonstrated by our grandparents and our parents, John and Kate.
Three generations have lived and breathed product quality and customer service, which has made Macsween the UK’s leading high street haggis brand. This passion for perfection means long hours engaging with employees, customers and consumers, quality control, refining production processes, consulting with our suppliers and devising innovative and successful marketing campaigns. All of this, plus our own family values, means that we have a very clear view of what is important, not only to our company, but to the wider community.
Since our launch 60 years ago we've continued to win awards and accolades for our company and our great tasting products, take a look.Award winning Macsween
We're here to answer your questions and help you overcome your inhibitions, hold your hand and take you to haggis heaven.What Is Haggis?
Get your summer off to a sizzling start with our fantastic BBQ competition with Waitrose. We're giving away a fantastic Louisiana Grills 24” (60cm) Ceramic Kamado Charcoal Barbecue worth £1000! As if that’s not enough, it also comes with our very own Macsween BBQ kit and a copy of the Macsween Haggis BibleRead More