To celebrate America’s Independence Day, this 4th July we have the perfect meal to share for any celebration. You’ll be fighting for the last piece with this moreish snack! Our vegetarian haggis is packed with healthy fresh vegetables, pulses and spices, a delicious addition to any meal. Have a read below at another mouth-watering recipe from Julia at Vikalinka. Bringing the whole family together, this is an easy dish to create at home. We can’t recommend it enough!
We’re hoping that our friends overseas will be joining us in enjoying our delicacy in the not to distant future. Haggis was banned in America in 1971 but discussions with U.S authorities looks like hopefully this may change. Maybe you’ll see Macsween in American soon!
Macsween Chipotle Vegetarian Haggis Nachos
- 1 tbsp- olive oil
- 100 g vegetarian
- 1/2- onion
- 1clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp- tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp- cumin
- ½- chilli powder
- ½ tsp- chipotle peppers, dry or canned
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 bag/180g lightly salted corn chips
- 100 g cheddar, grated
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ½ red chilli, sliced
- coriander for the lime crema
- 125 ml sour cream
- 1 lime, juice only
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and dice the onion.
- Cook the onion over low heat for 5-7 minutes, add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer, then add crumbled vegetarian haggis. Add cumin, chilli powder, chipotle peppers, salt, tomato paste and water. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Make the lime crema by mixing sour cream and lime juice.
- Arrange corn chips on a baking sheet or a cast iron pan and spread the chipotle haggis over them, top with grated cheese, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and sliced chillies, bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with lime crema and prepared salsa.
Got your own recipe? We would love to see your vegetarian haggis creation! Share with us on social using the hashtag #HaggisMyWay and we’ll feature some of our favourites.