Macsween vegetarian haggis
2 cupfuls gram flour
pinch of bicarbonate of soda
pinch of chilli powder
salt to taste
500ml vegetable oil for frying
1. Add water to the dry batter ingredients
until you have a smooth batter that is neither too thin nor too
thick, so that it will coat the haggis effectively.
2. Leave it to rest for 10 minutes.
3. You may like to add some extra ingredients to the batter, such
as crushed fresh ginger, crushed fresh garlic, cumin seeds, whole
coriander seeds, tumeric powder, fresh coriander, garam masala,
4. Form the Macsween vegetarian
haggis into small balls, coat in the batter and deep-fry
in hot oil until golden and crispy.
5. Drain on kitchen paper and serve.
1. Delicious hot or cold.