454g Macsween haggis
250g lasagne sheets
3-4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Sauce
40g plain flour
3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
Extra olive oil for drizzling
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C/350 F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut open the Macsween haggis and crumble with your
- Scatter some the cover the base of a buttered lasagne
- Top with a third of the lasagne sheets, then haggis.
- Add a layer of tomatoes, season well, then cover with lasagne
sheets and the remaining haggis.
- Finish with the remaining lasagne sheet
- To make the sauce, melt the butter and stir in the flour,
stirring to form a roux.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring or whisking to form a
- Stir for 4-5 mintues, then season to taste.
- Pour this over the lasagna, top with cheese and a drizzle of
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-55 mintues or until golden and the
lasagne is soft.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes, or so, before cutting.
- Serve with salad, garlic bread or both.
© 2006 Sue Lawrence from 'A Cook's Tour of Scotland, from
Barra to Brora in 120 Recipes' published by Headline.
Picture of Lasagne © Dan Jones.
Many thanks to Sue, Headline and Dan for the use of this